HT Consultants Ltd (the “Company”), trading as Ruth Mary Allan ("we, or "us") respects the privacy concerns of the users of https://www.ruthmaryallan.com, www.htconsultants.com and www.wellbeingwednesday.org, among others, (collectively the "Site") and the services provided therein. The Company thus provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the Site and how such information may be used.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is HT Consultants Ltd, registration reference Z8355683 at Unit 3 The Business Centre, Greys Green Farm, Rotherfield Greys, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 4QG.
1. As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the Site. However, certain non-personal information is recorded by the standard operation of the Company’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
2. We may collect and process the following data about you:
2.1 Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with out site. The Site’s various mailing lists, downloads, special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys may request that you give us contact information such as your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information such as your age and gender, country of residence and personal preference information such as your preferred software and interests.
2.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2.3 You may also be asked to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2.4 Information submitted at the time of submission will be used by the Company only as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including without limitation the improvement of our products, services and the contents of the Site. The Company may also share such information with our business and promotional partners to further those interests. Personally identifiable information is never sold or leased to any third parties.
1. The data collected from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
2. The Company does not store any credit card information it may receive in regard to a specific transaction and/or billing arrangement except as necessary to complete and satisfy its rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorised by a user.
3. The Company may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
1.1 To send you our newsletters from time to time
1.2 To make sure that the Site content is presented in an effective manner for you and your device
1.3 To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of an interest to you
1.4 To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
1.5 To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
1.6 To notify you about changes to our service.
2. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about our goods and services.
3. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings as provided below.
1. Where we are associated with, or affiliated to third party organisations who are providing services in support of our products and programs, we will expressly ask for your consent before processing your personal information to that third party. We will also advise you of any third party terms and policies, which will form part of your consent.
1. Children Age 13 and Under: The Company recognises the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children age 13 and under. AS SUCH, IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, THE COMPANY REQUESTS THAT YOU DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE SITE OR TO THE COMPANY. If the Company discovers that a child age 13 or younger has signed up on the Site or provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s identifiable information from our records.
2. The Company nonetheless encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
2.1 Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
2.2 Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
2.3 Look for Website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
1. With effect from 25 May 2018, the Company will process any Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as directly applicable to the Company's provision of services.
1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data), if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contact us at:
2. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Malware/Spyware/Viruses: Neither the Company nor the Site knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Areas: Guests of the Site are solely responsible for the content of messages they post on the Company’s forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. Choice/Opt-Out: The Site may provide you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You always have the option of removing your name from any e-mail list in order to discontinue any such future communications. In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, please follow the specific instructions set forth within the communications you receive from the Company which you no longer wish to receive. If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please e-mail us at [email protected] , including a copy of the undesired email attached to the request, and state you wish to be removed from the mailing list.
Contact Information for Complaints or Concerns: If you have any complaints or concerns about the Company or about this privacy statement, please contact:
Via regular mail: HT Consultants Ltd, Unit 3 The Business Centre, Greys Green Farm, Rotherfield Greys, Henley On Thames, Oxon, RG9 4QG, UK.
Information provided by you via general e-mail inquiries to the Company such as your e-mail address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is never shared with third parties.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, The Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to the Company, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
Last Updated: 24 May 2018.
Stay connected to find out about upcoming events, new courses, blogs and subscriber discounts by signing up to my newsletter!