TRAUMA RECOVERY GROUP COACHING
Unchain your pain to finally start living again
Have you had a traumatic or unhelpful experience in your life and feel it’s time to ditch any unhelpful responses to finally start living again?
Have you experienced a traumatic or unhelpful experience such as...
- Felt terrified by something that happened, felt completely out of control in a situation, been part of an emergency situation or been a first responder to a major crisis?
- Experienced combat and war or been involved in a serious accident, terrorist attack, natural disaster, or an animal attack
- Experienced a sudden loss
- Faced a serious illness or injury or suffered extreme pain
- Experienced domestic or childhood abuse, bullying, embarrassment or humiliation
- Been on the receiving end of criminal behaviour, stalking or received serious threats or viewed disturbing scenes?
Or are you struggling with...
- Unhelpful emotional or physical responses to distressing memories (broken relationships, shocking news, loss, embarrassment, etc)
- Unhelpful emotional or physical responses resulting from experiences of natural disaster, traumatic events (assault, rape, abuse, crime etc) and also experiences of war
- Unexpected anger responses
- Fear of abandonment, grief, stress, frustration, or upset
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Panic attacks, a phobia or chronic Pain?
We are here to unchain your pain and let go of any unhelpful feelings, thoughts and bodily responses associated with your experience
What our clients have said...
This was a great group session. Ruth took us through the steps gently - checking with us all as we went.
The information was well considered and delivered. The teaching of the approach was great.
It's great to get an immediate result and also to now feel equipped to use the approach anytime, anywhere. Thank you Ruth.
I loved that the session was short enough to handle and you are able to walk away with a new skill.
There's no pressure - it's all about you as an individual, not about others.
This session helped me to grow my personal awareness and handling of my own emotional response. Thank you.
I liked the information about negative thoughts and what the counterbalance to them are.
I loved that I was able to achieve good results in a short time. Great visualisation - it really helped.
Just try it!
I loved how professional the session was and easy to follow.
I was sceptical at first. Now I have done the first session the change I have is calmness.
Do it - amazing!
FACT: When it comes to trauma time doesn't heal, time steals your mind
Holding onto unresolved trauma is one of the worst things you can do. Like an ember, it burns inside your mind. Burying trauma doesn't put it out - it still burns. The longer you leave it the worse it gets.
The more experiences you have that are similar to the initial trauma, the more you add fuel to the fire inside your mind.
Unresolved trauma can wreak havoc on your mind and body due to increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This makes you more susceptible to future stressors and chronic illnesses
The four elements required for a trauma to be encoded in your mind:
A lot of people talk about there being two types of trauma - big Trauma and little trauma.
The truth is, size doesn't matter when it comes to trauma. If you have the four elements necessary for a trauma to be encoded in your mind, it doesn't matter how you or others perceive it's importance, the encoding will be there in your mind regardless.
Trauma doesn't care about your age, colour, size, shape, gender bias, ethnicity... Trauma is trauma, irrespective of how long ago it happened.
The four elements required for a trauma to be encoded in your mind are:
- Event - an event will have taken place, whether you remember it or not, that is significant for your mind. This can be a singular event or in the instance of layered trauma, multiple events, constituting an 'experience.' Traumatic events can be encoded in your mind as soon as your brain comes 'online' in the womb
- Meaning - your mind assigns a particular meaning to that event, in essence it sees the event as a threat to your survival, in whatever form your mind interprets 'survival'
- Landscape - the landscape in your mind is vulnerable to the event being perceived as a threat. For example, you may have experienced similar events that you had encoded as a threat, or something else was happening in your life at the time which increased your vulnerability to having the trauma encoded in your mind
- Inescapability - you perceive the event as inescapable. It doesn't feel safe. You wanted to be able to 'escape' from it, but you could not
Have you been involved in an experience that was significant for you? That felt like a threat? At the time you felt or were vulnerable? You couldn't escape from it?
The chances are you experienced trauma. Are you ready to unchain your pain and quench the fire burning inside your mind, let go of unhelpful emotions and bodily responses so you can start living again?
What makes this coaching different?
This session is underpinned by scientifically proven tools and techniques using the Emotional Mindset Management Approach to achieve deactivation of the traumatic encoding in your mind FAST without having to say anything about your experience
During the coaching you will learn how to:
- Recognise the emotions, thoughts, sensations and behaviours that are related to your trauma
- Let go of the traumatic encoding in your mind
- Replace the traumatic experience with positive and uplifting emotions and statements
- Take back control of your mindset
- Managed your emotions going forward
On the fence?
This approach has been described as 'the best treatment for emotionally traumatising experiences and particularly for PTSD.' Dr Sandlin Lowe
What is included?
As part of this coaching you will receive:
- Group coaching focused specifically on the traumatic experience you bring to the session
- Coaching notes, videos and an Ebook to support you on your journey to recovery
- Access to the Wellbeing Warrior Community to share your success stories and support each other on the road to recovery.
Who is this coaching perfect for?
- Individuals or communities who have been involved in a recent traumatic or unhelpful experience, such as a natural disaster or terrorist attack, where support is currently unavailable, limited or isn't helping
- Those who have been involved in a traumatic or unhelpful experience where other therapies have failed. Or where, despite the time passing, early traumatic experiences such as those in childhood still affect you
- Individuals who have experienced a trauma, but are unable to talk about it due to the extent of the trauma, a feeling of shame or guilt or confidentiality surrounding the experience
- People who are finding it hard describe what feelings or sensations are contributing to the trauma or can't pinpoint the origin of the sensations being felt in the present
- Those who continue to experience unhelpful emotional or physical responses to distressing memories (broken relationships, shocking news, loss, embarrassment, grief, etc) and would like support to unchain their pain and live again
What is the requirement to participate in this coaching?
You must be an adult to register for the coaching
You need a computer or a phone with a speaker and microphone and access to the Internet. These sessions will take place via Zoom
You need to be able to view the screen whilst having access to your hands
You will need a notebook and pen to take notes to record your emotional state during the coaching session
Dr Ruth Mary Allan is a Certified Brain Health Professional through the Amen Clinics and Institute for Better Health, Certified Havening Techniques® Practitioner and High Performance Coach. She is a trained Trauma Risk Management Coordinator for the Military and Mental Health First Aider.
Are you ready to unchain your pain from a past trauma or unhelpful experience? To learn how to let go of unhelpful emotions or sensations that are affecting you mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually? To learn new tools that will serve you now and for the rest of your life?...
Then enrol now!
Need more help?
Not sure if group coaching is right for you based on your past trauma or unhelpful experience?
Seeking support for your community as a separate group session?
No problem. We've got you.
Please arrange a FREE 15 minute consultation so we can ensure we provide the right support for you.