Go For Stupid With Steve D Sims, the Real Life Wizard of OzOct 31, 2022
by Dr Ruth Allan | 31 October 2022
Do you know anyone that’s worked with Sir Elton John or Elon Musk, sent people down to see the wreck of the Titanic on the sea bed or closed museums in Florence for a private dinner party and then had Andrea Bocelli serenade them while they eat their pasta?
You do now
Quoted as “The Real Life Wizard of Oz" by Forbes and Entrepreneur Magazine, Steve D Sims is a best selling Author with 'BLUEFISHING - the art of making things happen,' sought-after coach, Top rated speaker in the US speaker inc keynoting at Pentagon and Harvard – twice!
Steve D Sims joins Dr. Ruth Allan on the 53rd Episode of Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain and 13th Episode in series 3. He talks about the importance of staying aggravated, agitated and curious; knowing that there's always a new benchmark
He shares his view on limits and what to do about them, as well as his story about his superpower - through his wife's perspective (be prepared to laugh out loud)!
Steve talks about how we build in our own limitations and worthlessness and then believe what we tell ourselves, limiting our potential. He shares the impact of the pandemic on our ability to connect and how it has amplified issues, such as the cancel culture and the gotcha society
Steve discusses how people are now frightened to communicate and connect with each other, with some using the pandemic an an excuse to not do something. He talks about the importance of 'going for stupid' to push the boundaries of possibility as an entrepreneur and reach that next level in life
Be prepared to laugh out loud! This episode made my cheeks hurt. If you want fluff and nonsense, this isn't for you. Steve just shows up as himself and tells you how it is
If you're ready to push the limits of possibility make sure you 'Go For Stupid' with Steve D Sims! Get his book, out now!
"There is nothing better than your wife saying what your superpower is..."
"Failure is the education to make sure that what you want to happen will happen"
"We are all going to end up in the dirt. What's your story when you do?"
"If you're not learning, you're dying"
"No one ever drowned by falling in the water, they drowned by staying there."
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you.
Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here!
Listen to Episode 053 with Steve D Sims on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Steve D Sims
Website - Steve D Sims | Book - Go For Stupid | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | TikTok
Connect with Dr Ruth
- For more information about how you can achieve optimal brain health and the programs Dr Ruth has to support you with unchaining, unlocking and unleashing your full potential, connect here
- Learn more about the Wellbeing Warrior Academy for you, your family and your organisation
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books and websites discussed during the episode
- Book - BlueFishing - The art of Making Things Happen by Steve D Sims
- Book - 'Go For Stupid -The Art of Achieving Ridiculous Goals' by Steve D Sims
- Episode 141 'The Win-Win Effect' Go For Stupid with Steve D Sims
- Elon Musk and SpaceX
- Sir Elton John
- Mary Berry
- Joel Weldon
- Andrea Bocelli
Discussed in this podcast
- 02.05 - Optimal brain health for Steve D Sims - stay aggravated and stay curious
- 06.05 - Steve's perspective on limits
- 10.45 - Steve's superpower story from his wife's perspective...
- 15.18 - What has amplified our inability to communicate and strive for what we want, including the bad relationship we have with ourselves
- 17.17 - What is holding people back from people moving forward
- 26.18 - Steve's pivotal day from changing his profession as a brick layer: advice from his grandad aged 80, "Son, if you don't quit today you'll be me tomorrow"
- 29.45 - Steve's definition of failure, highlighting Edison being protested by the candle union because electric light was dangerous, as well as Elon Musk's Cyber Truck as an example to scoff and scorn those striving for stupid dreams and goals
- 37.50 - Joel Weldon and pro slalom skiing!
- 38.18 - Steve's goal and vision of how he dies!
- 39.50 - How the 'Go for Stupid' book came into being: driven by the 'cancel culture'
- 44.20 - The craziest thing Steve has ever done...
- 45.50 - Steve's one piece of advice - from his dad: "No one ever drowned by falling in the water, they drowned by staying there."
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.