Positive Nutrition with Kate CookSep 26, 2022
by Dr Ruth Allan | 26 September 2022
Kate uses her significant knowledge and 20 years' experience of diet and nutrition to help people be the best they can be. Kate offers an unbeatable combination of science-backed expertise matched with research and analysis to develop easy packages to inspire your staff, along with brilliantly engaging delivery
Kate has been a nutritionist for 20 years, working with individuals and corporations to create happier and healthier workforces that boost performance. She is a top UK wellness and nutrition expert
In this Episode, Kate talks about the importance of positive nutrition, which arose as a result of her seeking to achieve optimal brain function as a professional nutritionist. She discusses the problem of how ordinary stress is medicalised into mental illness, and the ripple effect that can have on people and organisations
Kate and Ruth spend time talking about the importance of discussing emotional health and not using 'mental health' as a catch all to discuss and label the person with all matters associated with different crises at work, as well as how the language used can impact people's lives
Kate dives into the importance of viewing nutrition in the context of the community within our body, the soil and the earth and how our connection to the community inside, outside and on the planet is so important
Kate also talks about the problems with demonising food elements and provides her top tips for achieving optimal health through the lens of nutrition
Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here!
Listen to Episode 048 with Kate Cook and Dr Ruth on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Kate Cook
Connect with Dr Ruth
- For more information about how you can achieve optimal brain health and the programs Dr Ruth has to support you with unchaining, unlocking and unleashing your full potential, connect here
- Learn more about the Wellbeing Warrior Academy for you, your family and your organisation
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books and websites discussed during the episode
- Book - 'Nutritionism - The Science and Politics of Dietary Advice', by Gyorgy Scrinis
- Book - 'Positive Nutrition: Strategic Eating to Upgrade Your Health and Energy', by Kate Cook
Discussed in this podcast
3.30 - Optimal brain health for Kate
- 15.30 - The language of mental health and creating a paradigm shift in the discussion: 'Is everything ok?'
- 17.10 - Kate's journey from being an interior designer to becoming a nutritional expert via skin health to achieving optimal health
- 25.00 - The importance of 'not playing god' in the context of nutrition
- 27.00 - Feeding the community within our body: the connection with our gut, the soil and the planet
- 32.00 - How pervasive toxicity can get into our internal environment
- 37.30 - The risk of demonising food components rather than looking at the benefits of the whole food
- 40.45 - Kate's top tips for optimising your health through the lens of nutrition
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.