Staying Alive in Toxic Times with Dr Jenny GoodmanOct 16, 2022
by Dr Ruth Allan | 17 October 2022
Jenny Goodman qualified as a doctor in 1982, and for the past 22 years has been specialising in Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, having finally found a way to practice medicine that is preventive, natural and truly health-sustaining. She is the author of "Staying Alive in Toxic Times: A Seasonal Guide to Lifelong Health"
In this Episode, Jenny talks about the effects of toxins on the brain, which occur both directly and indirectly via the gut, as well as how we can use nutritional and detox methods to prevent and treat the effects
Jenny is passionate about getting the truth out there on what is illness and what is health. She discusses the struggles with treating the sick using conventional medicine, which takes a symptom-centric, compartmentalised approach, rather than a system-centric whole-body approach
She highlights the impact conventional farming is having on our health, the health of our children and the health of our planet
She talks about the impact of pesticides on your body and mind, the epidemic of neuro-developmental disorders in children, as well as mental health issues, some of the root causes of which can be attributed to environmental and electromagnetic pollution
Jenny lays bare the truth about our toxic environment. She discusses the worrying impact fluoride in water is having on physical and cognitive health, the importance of setting your priorities for your health and offers simple steps you can take to reduce your toxic load and reduce the 'cocktail effect'
If you've experienced mould exposure, live in a neighbourhood that has high levels of pollution, have skin rashes, painful joints, are struggling any cognitive or physical health issues and the current medication isn't working, this is one episode you and your family don't want to miss!
I loved this episode as Jenny did a deep dive into the fifth pillar of brain health - our Surroundings and how they impact us
We the consumers have the power to make a radical shift for our health and that of the planet.
"What we buy will be produced, what we don't, won't." Will Garner
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you.
Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here!
Listen to Episode 051 with Dr Jenny Goodman on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Dr Jenny Goodman
Connect with Dr Ruth
- For more information about how you can achieve optimal brain health and the programs Dr Ruth has to support you with unchaining, unlocking and unleashing your full potential, connect here
- Learn more about the Wellbeing Warrior Academy for you, your family and your organisation
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books and websites discussed during the episode
- Book - Staying Alive in Toxic Times: A seasonal guide to lifelong health, Dr Jenny Goodman
- British Society for Ecological Medicine
- Neem powder for treatment of flees
- Film Dark Waters
- Film Erin Brokovich
- Ecover washing up liquid
- Environmental Working Group (EWG) - download their app
- Think Dirty app
- Safe, non toxic paints - Graphenstone, Ecos Paints and Auro paints
- Safe, non toxic organic mattresses - Natural mat, Abaca Organic
- Integrated and Personalised Medicine conference
- Book - The Case Against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics that Keep it There, Paul H. Connett, James S. Beck, H. S. Micklem
- Sustainable Fashion Week
Discussed in this podcast
3.10 - Optimal brain health for Dr Jenny Goodman
6.10 - Jenny discusses her concern around sickness observed in children living near Sellafield
- 20.00 - Dealing with air pollution, including toxins in your kitchen cupboard
- 25.00 - Issues with absorbing chemicals in your skin: using alternative safe options
- 27.30 - Understanding what's in your perfume...
- 30.50 - Being careful of what you put in or on yourself
- 31.20 - The longterm human impact of toxins following the industrial revolution through the 'cocktail effect'
- 34.30 - Managing the cost of organic foods through appropriate intervention and prioritisation
- 36.00 - Detoxifying your sleep routine - choosing organic mattresses and bedding: and how to minimise your toxic load
- 39.20 - Safe paints: examples of three companies - Graphenstone, Ecos, Auro paints
- 42.40 - What's in your drinking water... - pesticide, fertilizers, hormones (driving cancers of the reproductive systems), chlorine, fluoride, antibiotics: invest in a water filter
- 57.00 - Jenny's summary of advice on how to reduce toxic (xenobiotic) load
- 59.30 - Visit page 333 for a list of resources in Jenny's book.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.