How to improve workforce wellbeing and cognitive performanceJan 09, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | 09 January 2023
Wolfgang leads Workplace Health Consulting at Mercer, which is the strategic arm of the Health business, creating data-driven well-being strategies for organisations across the globe
He is a medical doctor, holds a post-graduate degree in Psychiatry, Philosophy & Society, undertook his business studies focused on Return on Investment models of mental health in the workplace and is an accredited counsellor and psychotherapist
Wolfgang is a member of various research organisations and advisory boards and a prolific keynote speaker at conferences around the globe
In this episode Wolfgang shares the facts, the stats and the challenges of improving workforce wellbeing and discusses the new frontier in corporate performance
He discusses the topics that are top of the agenda for organisations right now and the importance of finding a way to break the stigma, the impact of the pandemic on mental health in the workplace, how to apply the learnings to a corporate setting, and the steps corporations need to take to improve workforce wellbeing and performance
We discuss the ever-increasing issue of data fatigue, and the need to create relevant pathways and integrated models to achieve optimal cognitive performance at an individual and corporate level
I loved this conversation - time seemed to fly by so quickly. If you're the CEO of a company, or leader in your business or organisation, this is one episode you don't want to miss! Make sure you have a notebook and pen to take notes!
"When you move, your mind moves with you."
Please like and share this blog to help those who you know need better cognitive support in the workplace
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 061 with Dr Wolfgang Seidl on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Dr Wolfgang Seidl
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Connect here to learn more about programs to enhance your cognitive performance
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of and optimising your brain and whole body health
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Watercooler event
- MAD World Summit
- Viktor Frankl
- Sigmund Freud
- Adam Grant
- ISO 45003 standard for psychological safety
- Amy Edmondson, Harvard Business School
- Mental Health Awareness for all - YouTube video
- Mental Health Awareness at Mercer
Discussed in this podcast
- 01.55 - Optimal brain health for Dr Wolfgang Seidl - having a sharp mind, being able to sprint and adapt cognitively
- 03.30 - Are we sprinting enough cognitively?
- 16.20 - Topics on top of the agenda for organisations
- 18.57 - Trauma
- 30.15 - Psychological safety in the workplace: bringing your whole self to work
- 32.35-33.52 - You can make mistakes: building higher performing teams
- 34.15 - Flexible working for all workers
- 40.00 - Permission to make mistakes
- 42.15 - The concept of purpose and it's subtlety in the workplace
- 44.24 - Purpose leading to personalisation and the route cause of precision medicine
- 47.00 - The new frontier in workforce wellbeing
- 52.20 - Cognitive health: a pathway for the workforce
- 56.55 - Data fatigue: focusing on meaningful, qualitative data
- 1.00.35 - Sharpening your tools
- 1.06.30 - Neurodiversity in the workplace
- 1.08.28 - Dr Wolfgang's advice for someone struggling with their cognitive health in the workplace.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.