Secrets to a Successful Integrative Medicine Business Without BurnoutJan 27, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | LIVE 06 February 2023, published 13 Feb 23
Dr. Cheng Ruan, MD joins Dr Ruth Allan on Episode 065 of her show 'Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain'. He is the Founder of Texas Center for Lifestyle Medicine, one of the rare facilities to deliver functional and integrative medicine for the insured population
He was also the host of the 2022 Better Brain Health Summit, which Dr Ruth Allan attended as a guest and author of his new book 'The Doctor's Guide to Thriving in Integrative Medicine: Secrets to a Successful Business Without Burnout,'† released in the UK 31st January 2023
In this Episode Dr Cheng Ruan, MD shares his journey to becoming a successful founder of an integrative medical practice, and how physicians can do this too whilst avoiding burnout. He talks about the shocking statistics associated with physician satisfaction, their suicide rate and that 55% physicians are expected to have left the profession by 2025
Dr Ruan discusses what's changed since the role of doctor came into being, the importance of physicians establishing a community influence, and working collaboratively with other professions to deliver preventative and healing healthcare
He talks about the importance of reframing the physician's role to teachers and the centre of certainty, by creating an underlying supporting coaching community to empower the people to heal themselves
He discusses the hardest aspects of establishing a functional medicine practise with the ensured population and the key steps to recovering from burnout
I loved this conversation as it's such an important topic for us to really care better for each other and reestablish the community networks necessary for preventative care and heal each other
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you.
Please like and share this blog to help inspire others on how to enhance their brain power or cognitive performance
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 064 with Dr Cheng Ruan, MD on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Dr Cheng Ruan, MD
YouTube | Facebook | Website | Instagram | Texas Centre for Lifestyle Medicine | Integrative Practice Builder
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan, PhD
- Connect here to learn more about programs to support you in recovering from head trauma, restoring your cognitive function and optimising your brain power and performance
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimise, your brain and whole body health
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Book - 'The Doctor's Guide to Thriving in Integrative Medicine: Secrets to a Successful Business Without Burnout' by Dr Cheng Ruan, MD†
- Episode 040 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' - Celebrating Small Victories with Dr Cheng Ruan, MD†
- Episode 055 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' - Without a Plan with Jeremy Delk
- Episode 017 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' - Ask for Help to Remain Strong with Dr Philip Alexander
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- British Society of Ecological Medicine
- The College of Medicine and Integrated Health
Discussed in this podcast
- 3.00 - The shocking statistics on the state of the medical system, physician suicide rates and physician wellbeing in the USA
- 11.38 - The key changes necessary NOW to minimise the catastrophic meltdown of the healthcare system in the USA
- 16.38 - Changing the doctor from hero to guide
- 19.30 - The chronic situation of Junior doctors in the UK following a recent report from the BMA
- 24.50 - The Physician Transformation Institute
- 26.25 - Dr Ruan's journey to establishing his medical practise and how his previous trauma's played into his emotional rollercoaster
- 33.28 - The hardest aspects of establishing a functional medicine practise with the insurance population
- 42.00 - How to support your patients: speaking in a language of unconditional love - unboxing yourself
- 45.35 - Dr Ruan's advice for any physician or junior doctor that feels burnt out, but wants to stay in medicine
- 48.00 - Unboxing yourself events for physicians
- 51.20 - Uncloaking the invisible elements of the medical system to fix the broken system
- 55.20 - Knitting the expertise together
- 56.00 - One piece of advice to starting a functional medicine practice
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.
Disclosure: All items marked with a † are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. Dr Ruth Allan takes part in several affiliate programs, designed to provide a way for us to earn fees by linking to their websites. You are not charged any extra by using these links.