How To Succeed Without A Plan With Jeremy DelkNov 14, 2022
by Dr Ruth Allan | 14 November 2022
Jeremy Delk is Managing Director of Delk Enterprises, which has grown from making $6,000 in its first year in business to being a diversified VC fund that has built and exited investments in both private and public transactions
Today, more than 20 years later, Delk Enterprises has holdings in biotech & healthcare, consumer brands, technology, building materials, and real estate development. Jeremy now focuses on investing in and advising entrepreneurs through speaking and engagements
Jeremy's book 'Without a Plan: A Memoir of Unbound Action and Failing My Way to Success,' released November 8th 2022, shares his reality of the Good, Bad, and UGLY of entrepreneurship
It serves as a not-so-subtle reminder of fundamental principles he's learned through his journey: while great times don't last forever, neither do the truly bad ones
I loved this conversation as it was raw, authentic and vulnerable. Jeremy was willing to dive deep into his mindset and share his experiences and how he navigated through life
From making his first $2M in 18months aged 18, to taking the desert by storm, why he turned down a $600M offer on his business, and finally being able to unchain his pain to achieve the abundance of success and happiness he has today
Be prepared to laugh out loud, be inspired and take bold action!
"If you're not comfortable with yourself, who are you comfortable with?"
"Just be nice."
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you.
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here!
Listen to Episode 055 with Jeremy Delk on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Jeremy Delk
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- For more information about the programs Dr Ruth has to unchain your pain, unlock the secrets to greater mental clarity and performance and unleash your full potential by optimising your unique brain, connect here
- Learn more about the Wellbeing Warrior Academy for you, your family and your organisation
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books and websites discussed during the episode
- Book - 'Without a Plan: A Memoir of Unbound Action and Failing My Way to Success' by Jeremy Delk
- Episode 053 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' - Go For Stupid With Steve D Sims
- Book - 'Go For Stupid -The Art of Achieving Ridiculous Goals' by Steve D Sims
- Book - 'Die with Zero: Getting All You Can from Your Money and Your Life' by Bill Perkins
- Richard Branson and Larry Page's $50k investment with Gumption - sharing his story with Jeremy Delk
Discussed in this podcast
- 4.16 - Optimal brain health for Jeremy
- 8.30 - Jeremy's lightbulb moment in therapy
- 10.55 - Understanding your true purpose and what's important
- 13.25 - Entrepreneurship: why learning as you go is better
- 14.47 - Jeremy's first journey as an Entrepreneur aged 18
- 20.30 - The biggest cause of failure
- 21.14 - The hardest failure for Jeremy to pick himself back up from
- 23.08 - Jeremy's half billion dollar walk away...
- 29.30 - Jeremy taking the desert by storm
- 33.59 - The most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to Jeremy
- 39.00 - The most fulfilling thing Jeremy has ever done
- 42.30 - Jeremy's advice to Entrepreneurs
- 45.00 - The most important value that guides Jeremy in life
- 49.45 - Jeremy's view on building your network
- 51.36 - What's next for Jeremy
- 55.00 - Jeremy's why
- 57.00 - Gumption's story
- 57.55 - Jeremy's one piece of advice for any Entrepreneur struggling to find their why and take action
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.