Brain Optimisation in the Workplace with Dr Sara Whedon | E72Apr 10, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | Released Mon 10 Apr 23
Dr. Sara Whedon has combined her years of experience with working with patients, her love for co-creating new strategies forward and her experience being raised with a parent in corporate to help organisations help employee's with brain optimisation
Dr. Sara believes you shouldn't have to wait until you are retired to live a fulfilled and expansive life. Contrary to popular belief, she believes we can individualise wellness in organisations without an unrealistic budget and says the results are far more reaching that what was previously anticipated
In this episode we talk about the brain in the context of performance in the workplace. We discuss the importance of taking a human centric approach as well as the shift that has taken place since the pandemic
We talk about the importance of setting time boundaries and understanding your performance needs, as well as the role of humour in the workplace and the real challenge of addressing neurodiversity
And Dr. Sara shares her inspiring story as we dive into the Five Pillars of Brain Health that contextualises the importance of environment and connection beyond the spoken word
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 072 from 10 Apr 23
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Dr Sara Whedon
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimising your brain and whole body health
- Register for Trauma Recovery Coaching to unchain your pain and calm your mind
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Episode 016 - Permission to Roar with Marilise de Villiers†
- Episode 045 - Creating Human Centric Workplaces with Anne Bono†
- Episode 061 - How to improve workforce wellbeing and cognitive performance with Dr Wolfgang Seidl
Discussed in this podcast
- 3.00 - Dr Sara's brain health journey
- 12.05 - Optimal brain health for Dr Sara Whedon: having the capacity to show up as the person you want to show up as
- 14.00 - The difference between brain health and mental health
- 16.48 - The biggest issue when looking at brain health in the workplace
- 21.00 - Dr Sara's journey of optimising her own brain
- 26.15 - Respecting your time boundaries and personal performance needs
- 27.25 - Setting boundaries and being clear on your priorities
- 33.40 - The importance of humour
- 36.40 - The great resignation
- 39.40 - Where is the grass greener?...
- 43.40 - Community, diversity, equity and inclusion: accommodating everyone, when every brain is unique
- 48.25 - The five pillars of brain health with Dr Sara Whedon
- 50.00 - Daring to do something different!
- 53.00 - What is limiting potential in business
- 54.30 - Dr Sara's advice for anyone struggling with fulfilling their potential in the workplace.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to a healthcare professional you can trust.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.
Disclosure: All items marked with a † are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. Dr Ruth Allan takes part in several affiliate programs, designed to provide a way for her to earn fees by linking to other company websites. You are not charged any extra by using these links.