Harnessing your brain power - Conversion Code with Chris SmithJan 13, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | LIVE 03 January 2023, on podcasting platforms from Mon 16 Jan 23
Have you ever met someone that is the cofounder of an Inc. 500 fastest growing business and one of the four best marketers under 40 according to American Marketing Association? You have now...
Chris Smith joins Dr Ruth Allan on Episode 062 and first LIVE episode of Season 4 of her show 'Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain.' Chris Smith is the cofounder of Curaytor (an Inc. 500 fastest-growing business) and is one of the four best marketers under 40, according to the American Marketing Association
His book, The Conversion Code, is taught at colleges like Johns Hopkins University and he has been a guest lecturer at NYU Chris used the blueprint in his book to quickly grow his own company to eight figures in annual recurring revenue, without raising any venture capital
His work has been featured in Adweek, Forbes, Fortune, and many other publications Previously, Chris worked for two billionaires, a billion-dollar publicly traded company, and a startup that was acquired for nine figures
His first book, Peoplework, received endorsements from the CEO of Zappos and Gary Vaynerchuk, who wrote the foreword In this episode we will explore Chris's unique brain attributes that made him the success he is today
I loved reading Chris's book Conversion Code - the best marketing book I have read to date. It's got simple, actionable steps explained in a logical order which you can easily implement to enhance your marketing
I was privileged to be the first person to interview Chris to talk about his unique brain and cognitive performance challenges, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder
Chris discusses the pendulum swing he experiences, the importance of expressing yourself, and how his childhood provided the foundation for him living a successful life with bipolar disorder
He shares his stories on the blackouts he has experienced from childhood through to present day, including cracking his skull open recently and the recovery he has had to go through to restore his cognitive function
Chris talks about how he was bothered by the label of being bipolar that reduced him to two states, when he felt that he could be in many - that life was a blend of states
He further discusses the impact of using prescribed drugs to manage his pain and how this became his kryptonite, as well as the impact his manic episodes has on everyone else in his life
I loved this episode because Chris challenged me to help him learn more about his brain health, which allowed a really rich and deep conversation around the topic of cognitive function and what you can do to unchain your pain and improve your cognitive performance
Head trauma is one of the 11 risk factors associated with cognitive decline and often goes undiagnosed, as is the case of many of the clients we see, who have cognitive issues. Please ensure you seek professional help from someone that actually images the organ they treat, if you experience any cognitive anomalies following a fall, including blackouts
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed in this episode please connect with us so we can find the appropriate support for you.
Please like and share this blog to help those who needs inspiration on how to enhance their brain power or cognitive performance, or needs support in generating more traffic, leads and sales in their business
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 062 with Chris Smith on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Chris Smith
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Connect here to learn more about programs to support you in recovering from head trauma, restoring your cognitive function and optimising your brain power and performance
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimise, your brain and whole body health
- Access all Episodes of the show 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain'
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Book - 'The Conversion Code' by Chris Smith
- Episode 019 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' with Louise Carmi discussing head trauma
- Episode 038 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain' with Tom Ruwitch
- Episode 049 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain': TBI help NOW with Dr Mark Gordon, MD
- Episode 057 of 'Brain Health - Unchaining Your Pain': Food for the Brain with Patrick Holford - how to reverse cognitive decline
- Havening to unchain your pain
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Amen Clinics
Discussed in this podcast
- 05.00 - Optimal brain health for Chris: the conversation with your inner voice being positive
- 09.15 - The importance of expressing yourself, how you feel and why
- 13.20 - If you keep it in, it's coming out
- 15.15 - The definition of hate
- 16.36 - Chris's brain health journey: where it started
- 25.00 - Chris's head trauma
- 28.00 - 'Truckers cry too': the impact of having a head injury
- 28.40 - Word recall challenges experienced by Dr Ruth Allan and Chris Smith following head trauma
- 29.50 - Chris's naked public speaking fear
- 33.30 - Equilibrium challenges
- 34.50 - Overcoming the fixed mindset and supporting brain recovery
- 37.15 - Chris's challenge to Dr Ruth Allan - How to reverse cognitive decline
- 41.00 - Pain management: and the different types of pain we experience and how to untangle them
- 48.10 - Chris and managing his bipolar disorder
- 53.00 - The impact of Chris managing his pain using medical marijuana - leading to a full manic episode and his go to drug becoming his kryptonite
- 1.01.18 - Bipolar stats following having a manic episode: focus on your actions, not your feelings. Don't wait to feel better
- 1.05.30 - Gary Vaynerchuk 'Make sure your actions match your ambitions'
- 1.06.30 - 'You sometimes have to be selfish to be selfless.'
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.