How to Enhance Performance Using Autobiographical FeedbackFeb 27, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | 27 Feb 23
Leo Treadwell joins Dr Ruth Allan on Episode 067 of her show 'Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain.' Leo Treadwell has been called the Darwin of Human Development because of his creation, Autobiographical Feedback, a new peak performance linguistic technology that leverages recent breakthroughs in brain plasticity, epigenetics and cellular regeneration with ancient human development technologies from the past
Leo has had the honour and privilege of sharing the stage and working with individuals and organisations as diverse as Dr. Jane Goodall, Nelson Mandela, Dr. Deepak Chopra, the United State Navy’s Leadership Academy and First Nations tribes throughout the United States and Canada
In this episode Leo shares his journey of transformation, from being diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in his back aged 25 to developing Autobiographical feedback to enhance performance of your mind and body
We discuss the importance of connecting with your internal and external world, of understanding, listening to and managing your thoughts and emotions
We both talk openly about past traumas and the approaches we've used to let go of those where our body has been keeping the score, and dive deep into the importance of ensuring you establish a process that permanently rewrites your past and future view of yourself that serves you rather than hurts you
I loved this conversation as it tapped into all five pillars of brain health, in particular our connection to ourselves and our environment - our surroundings, that we can so easily forget, yet in essence we are inextricably linked to and dependent upon
If you need professional support to address a past trauma or unhelpful experience, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional
Please like and share this blog to inspire those that are struggling with cancer or a childhood trauma to know that there is hope and you can heal from your pain
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 067 with Leo Treadwell on Apple Podcasts
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Leo Treadwell
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Connect here to learn more about programs to support you in unchaining your pain from past traumas, restoring your cognitive function and optimising your brain power and performance
- Register for Trauma Recovery Coaching that includes the use of Havening to calm your mind and unchain your pain
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimise, your brain and whole body health
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Episode 025 of 'Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain' - "Beating Stage Four Terminal Cancer" with Mark Edmondson†
- Deepak Chopra
- Tony Robbins
- Bruce Lipton
- Dr Gabor Maté
- Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- What is Havening?
Discussed in this podcast
- 03.58 - Optimal brain health for Leo Treadwell: understanding our relationship to our environment
- 10.00 - The interface between the internal and external ecosystem
- 14.00 - Where Leo's journey really started: growing up in disconnection during his childhood and teenage years
- 18.18 - Leo's diagnosis of a cancerous tumour on his back aged 25
- 20.55 - Leo's near death experience
- 23.55 - The missing piece of the puzzle to incorporate the learning from reading the books
- 26.00 - Kungfu TV and the mechanics of cellular regeneration
- 28.30 - The new language
- 32.35 - Addressing his mindset and managing the quality of his thoughts and emotions
- 34.58 - Crying out the emotional pain and the cancer from his mind and body
- 42.00 - The first sign of a toxic body and mind
- 44.35 - Understanding our frame of reference for life
- 45.42 - How to process trauma
- 46.10 - Dr Ruth's personal experience of healing from trauma after having a C-section when she gave birth to her daughter Lilly
- 49.00 - Leo's 29 years of freedom from cancer
- 52.50 - Dealing with the thoughts you have each day
- 56.24 - The differentiator of autobiographical feedback to other systems available
- 1.01.37 - Tapping into your senses to rewrite your story and your memories
- 1.03.10 - Revisiting your breakthrough to ensure the script in your mind is rewritten and the new neural networks have been established
- 1.05.15 - Breaking the neural network in our mind that relates to trauma
- 1.09.35 - Leo's advice for anyone struggling with connection.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to your healthcare professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.
Disclosure: All items marked with a † are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. Dr Ruth Allan takes part in several affiliate programs, designed to provide a way for us to earn fees by linking to their websites. You are not charged any extra by using these links.