Light mind - how to enhance cognitive performance with photobiomodulationNov 06, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | Released Mon 06 Nov 23
Dr. Marvin Berman is the founder and President of the Quietmind Foundation, a nonprofit research and consultation organisation developing non-drug noninvasive treatment models to improve the public health and educational systems
He is now a co-founder of Neuronic Devices Ltd, a light therapy device company based in Germany and Ireland that is advancing the field of photobiomodulation or transcranial light therapy. He has been a practicing therapist and consultant for the past 35 years and is a leading figure in the new field of digital neurotherapeutics
In this episode Dr Berman talks about the importance of the mind-body connection, he discusses why it's so important to get a qEEG scan if you are concerned about brain trauma from contact sport or another injury. He shares how photobiomodulation works with neurofeedback and talks about some astonishing results achieved using these modalities together to enhance cognitive performance and reduce cognitive decline
I loved this episode, as Neuronic is at the cutting edge of alternative approaches to enhance cognitive performance and reverse cognitive decline. A technology that is so needed in today's society, where we are predicted to experience a three fold increase in Alzheimer's disease by 2050, with the current healthcare system unable to cope. The future is prevention and developing alternative business models and systems to enhancing the cognitive health of the population and this technology is one that is pioneering the way.
Be sure to share, rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here, commenting or leaving a podcast review on your chosen platform!
Listen to Episode 086 from Mon 06 Nov 23
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Dr Marvin Berman
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Arrange a consultation
- Book trauma recovery coaching
- Visit the Wellbeing Warrior Academy to learn how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimising your brain and whole body health to live a healthier, happier life
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Cellular performance - How to amplify your redox signalling pathways in your body and mind to support recovery with Jamie Thomson | E75
- The importance of nitric oxide in cardiovascular and cognitive health with Dr Nathan S Bryan | E82
- TBI Help NOW with Dr Mark Gordon MD | E49
- The number one reason that prevents people from living the life of their dreams with Dave Bradley | E80
- Food for the Brain with Patrick Holford | E57
Discussed in this podcast
- 0.49 - Intro
- 2.32 - Dr Berman's passion
- 5.25 - What optimal brain health is for Dr Berman: the idea of efficiency from a Newtonian point of view - having body and mind working most efficiently, meaning to be able to perceive with the greatest degree of specificity what it is that the moment is demanding of you and how to respond with the greatest degree of specificity, burning the least amount of calories. Optimising the connection between mind and body
- 8.45 - The mind body relationship: understanding how we can help ourselves to transform the way our biology is operating
- 11.20 - Anxiety is not an emotion! - the need to look at the conflict that created it, and the importance of functional medicine
- 12.40 - When Dr Berman's mind and body were not fully connected: Nov 27 1998
- 14.10 - EEG feedback and biofeedback: Dr Ruth and Dr Berman's story
- 17.40 - Biofeedback for healing and enhancing performance
- 18.10 - Dr Berman's journey into neurofeedback: uncovering brain injury as a root cause of cognitive struggles
- 25.32 - How light intervention is a tissue-level intervention, enhancing electrical connectivity through neurofeedback
- 26.55 - Dr Berman's Parkinson study: and results achieved from being wheelchair bound to partying on a boat, leading to a funded research study
- 29.04 - The results from the study undertaken, statistically improving motor and cognitive performance
- 31.40 - The device 'neuradiant' used to stimulate photobiomodulation
- 35.30 - The importance of a qEEG assessment on your brain to understand your level of brain damage
- 37.40 - Dr Berman's observations on treatment of personnel using photobiomodulation and neurofeedback with various conditions, including enhancing performance of up to 20%
- 40.50 - The use of the technique for prevention of cognitive decline
- 42.30 - The COVID statistics on neurological injury
- 43.20 - Recent research results using the Neuronic neuradiant device 3x a week for 4mins each time for the duration of a month for those with long COVID
- 46.30 - The opportunity for combining modalities such as HBOT and photobiomodulation with neurofeedback
- 47.37 - The future of photobiomodulation and neurofeedback
- 56.03 - Dr Berman's advice for anyone concerned about their cognitive performance.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to a healthcare professional you can trust.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.
Disclosure: All items marked with a * are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. Dr Ruth Allan takes part in several affiliate programs, designed to provide a way for her to earn fees by linking to other company websites. You are not charged any extra by using these links.