A chance for happiness: I have a wound with Harald Walter Azmann | E83Sep 27, 2023
by Dr Ruth Allan | Live Wed 27 Sep 23, Released Mon 02 Oct 23
Sometimes, until it’s at your front door, you don’t think about it enough. Every 15 Minutes, someone dies by suicide in the United States, every 40 seconds worldwide, with suicide attempts being even more frequent, and every 16 minutes someone is left behind, asking ‘why?’
Why are so many people losing faith in life at a time when more of us are doing better than ever before? It’s a question most of us would rather continue to avoid
Following in the footsteps of the last decades’ successful international initiatives regarding cancer and HIV/AIDS, our main aim is to encourage an up to date discussion about the worldwide phenomenon of increasing suicide – not just on the margins, but at the center of society, where it belongs
Because as soon as we start to talk about things openly, we’ll find better solutions than what we’ve had so far
A Chance for Happiness Foundation has been a member of World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) since 2018 and has organized annual charity events benefitting Mental Health in Velden am Wörthersee, Austria 2017, Vienna, Austria 2018, Paris, France 2019, Monaco 2020 and – following the global Covid break – at Laxenburg Castle near Vienna, Austria 2022.
Harald Walter Azmann is co-founder of A Chance for Happiness Foundation after his daughter Lisa died by suicide and the catalyst behind this inspiring initiative
Dr Ruth Allan is supporting this initiative as in November 2016 she hit rock bottom when she had suicidal thoughts after being told by her employer she had no emotional intelligence, shortly after having a miscarriage
Her grandfather died by suicide when her mother was only six years old, and so this deep low ignited her to take action to optimise her brain health to live a healthier, happier life, which led her to having a daughter Lilly in 2018
Industry leaders, family leaders and entrepreneurs now hire her to live a healthier, happier life by unchaining their pain from past trauma, unlocking the secrets to greater mental clarity and performance and unleashing their full potential by optimising their unique brain
Everyone deserves a chance for happiness
Be sure to rate and review this episode on any podcasting platform. Share your view - tell us what you enjoyed or loved about the show here or leave a podcast review on Apple Podcasts by visiting the link below!
Listen to Episode 083 from Mon 02 Oct 23
Disclaimer: The content in the podcast and on this webpage is not intended to constitute, or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Connect with Harald Walter Azmann
- See the full programme for A Chance for Happiness - London Mental Health Week 2023
- Support A Chance for Happiness
Connect with Dr Ruth Allan
- Arrange a consultation
- Learn about the Wellbeing Warrior Academy and how we can support you, your family and your organisation in taking charge of, and optimising your brain and whole body health to live a healthier, happier life
Related episodes, books, topics and events
- Episode #077 The impact of post natal depression and how to navigate through it with Pip Delamere-Wright
- Episode #074 The Psychological Impact of Trauma with Dr Susanna Petche
- Episode #066 Chinook Crew Chick - The Highs and Lows of Military Life with Liz McConaghy
- Episode #068 Healing Military Related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Jon-Paul deLange
- Episode #050 Baby Weaning and You With Rebecca Reed
- Episode #047 Managing trauma and grief with Chris Ross and Dr Ruth Allan
- Episode #046 Baton of Hope with Steve Phillip and Mike McCarthy
- Blog - How to support effective recovery for children that have experienced trauma
- Blog - The four outflows in our mind when we experience a trauma
- Episode #039 The Success Path with Violet Dietre
- Episode #032 The Money Game with Daniel Mangena
- Episode #039 Mindful Business Charter with Richard Martin
Discussed in this podcast
- Will be updated on completion of the live event.
Please note this show is for educational purposes only. If you need professional support to optimise your brain and whole body health, please contact us directly or speak to a healthcare professional you can trust.
DISCLAIMER: Please always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on my website.
Disclosure: All items marked with a * are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. Dr Ruth Allan takes part in several affiliate programs, designed to provide a way for her to earn fees by linking to other company websites. You are not charged any extra by using these links.